Brown and Connery is one of South Jersey’s oldest and most well-regarded law firms. In 1928, Horace G. Brown, a preeminent trial lawyer, and Thomas F. Connery, a distinguished litigator, founded the practice in Camden, New Jersey. The firm has continued to evolve to meet changing times, changing culture and changing client needs. Driven by the ideal of excellence, Brown and Connery is proud to have earned an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell*, its highest rating.
We take our work and our client’s needs seriously, and have built a reputation for quality legal services grounded in our founder’s tradition of thoroughness, hard work and integrity. Our talented attorneys and support staff are committed to our high standards, which means those who turn to our firm can count on us to maintain the highest ethical and intellectual standards when representing their needs.
The firm practices all across New Jersey with offices conveniently located in Westmont, Woodbury and Camden. Our Philadelphia office supports our practice in Pennsylvania.
Brown and Connery provides a wide range of legal services to its clients. These services can be seen listed and more fully described on this website among our Key Practices.
Among our talented team, Brown and Connery attorneys, former and current, have had the distinction of:
- Appointment as a judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Three judges of the New Jersey Superior Court
- An attorney general of the State of New Jersey
- A dean of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Several members of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- A state senator
- A state assemblyman
- A chairman of the State Commission of Investigation
- The public advocate
- A chairman of the New Jersey Supreme Court Board of Bar Examiners
- A Chapter 13 standing trustee for the United States Bankruptcy Court District of New Jersey
- Two presidents of the Camden County Bar Association
- A president of the Camden County Bar Foundation
Brown and Connery’s current partners include fellows of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. Several of our partners are Certified Civil Trial Attorneys by the New Jersey Supreme Court.*AV Preeminent and Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.