Brown & Connery serves as special and general counsel to public entities at all levels, including state and federal governmental agencies, county and local governments, bistate agencies, independent public agencies, public authorities, public boards, and other public entities. Through our history, we have completed a tremendous amount of public entity work, giving us a vast pool of experience to draw upon with respect to litigation.
Our attorneys provide advice, planning, counseling and litigation services related to the array of issues confronting public entities on a daily basis. We are regularly called upon to provide legal advice and guidance on a great number of topics, including:
- Governmental relations, public policy and strategy, and policy implementation
- Procurement, preparation of contract bids, specifications and proposals, and bid protests
- Contract and subcontract negotiations, including negotiations of collective bargaining agreements
- Contract disputes
- Compliance with federal and state government mandated programs and regulations
- State and federal investigations
- Financing issues, including debt and equity financing
- Accounting and costs issues
- Employment disputes and litigation including compliance with various laws and regulations related to public employees
- Environmental issues
In addition, as special counsel for several local planning boards, our lawyers provide advice and counsel related to land use and zoning issues, and they draft and enforce municipal zoning regulations.